Friday, April 16, 2010

The worst disease in the world is hate, & the cure for hate is love~

Lyrics credit India.Arie (who, by the way is an amaaaaaazing songwriter and singer)
I was thinking just now, that sometimes, I don't feel genuinely happy. don't get me wrong, I definitely am a lot of the time, but...there are times, like now, when I kind of feel blank. That I'm just going through the motions, and I just...get excited for a few things that happen every week, and that's it. I think maybe when the semester's over in three weeks, and I have all summer to relax and have fun, and live up being 21 a little bit more (as much as that concerns me, anyway-being that I'm not the crazy person some of my friends are. Someone needs to take care of them, seriously! =P), but...I don't know. Things just seem...I don't know if off's the word, but it's what keeps being repeated in my brain, so I'll say things seem off sometimes.

There are a lot of good things going on in life though. And, when I listen to the India.Arie songs I have downloaded on shuffle, I definitely don't feel bad. They make me feel...amazing (seriously, I'm not trying to endorse her or anything, but go listen!). I don't know that anything good specifically for ME is coming up. I'm just happy I'm almost another semester closer to finishing school. But, I don't know. Faithy's moving here this summer, well...to New York, which is close enough to schedule weeks/weekends/whatever it may be to hang out with her. Which is...amazing! Faithy is one of the people I want to meet, obviously (if you didn't know from any of my previous blog posts haha). And...what else good? Oh, Sami met with a record producer or something. I dunno, the details are slightly vague. But he told me today that once he records the song he's currently working on, he's going to be on the college radios first, and then hopefully, with any luck, on regular radios. I kinda can't believe it's happening. I see him, me, and Breeana flipping a shit if we hear the song while driving. Maybe like the scenes in Selena or Dreamgirls when they first hear their song on the radio lol. It would happen with us, trust me. But I don't know, it's crazy. I always said he'd be the one person I would think would become famous for his singing cuz his voice is amazing but...it's just crazy (cuz I didn't say that enough or anything).

Wow...I felt the need to update on the good and bad, and voila, I'm writing a novel on many things. Sorry if it's babbling, I just...wanted to share. Oh, if anybody who reads this and doesn't know, go watch FromCaliToNJ on youtube. It's me, Marisa, Davis, Faithy, Kamali, and Jess (once her compy's fixed or she gets a camera or something) and we each have a day to make a video and we have themes. Basically, it's a collab channel. But I'm excited we've been sticking with it, even if some of us have failed frequently with the videos. In my defense, Windows Movie Maker hates me! I swear!

Well, I'm done babbling. Hope you enjoyed the update. I'm in a slightly better mood after saying that first paragraph and typing the rest up, actually =)
<3 Amy

Ohh one more thing. I'm going to Ikea tomorrow, so keep your fingers crossed I find something cheap and cool for my room so that I have more of an incentive to clean it (not that I wasn't planning on it soon anyway!).

No comments: