Saturday, November 20, 2010

Harry Potter Rant that needed to go somewhere!

So I'm sitting here finding random pictures and people's reactions about Harry Potter, and thinking overly about the movie yesterday (I can't believe it's been 24 hours since I've seen it, by the way). Don't expect this to not be jumbled and make complete sense btw xD. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1, minus a few things that were not majorly important to the plot itself, was the best Harry Potter movie yet. I cannot WAIT for part 2, and dressing up as a Gryffindor with Marisa, Jaimie, and Beck. It's going to be amazing. Considering how this is the first time I have literally SHED TEARS during a Harry Potter movie, I KNOW I'm going to be BAWLING so hard during part 2. I mean, c'mon, the Battle of Hogwarts, with so many people dying, the whole Snape storyline, the whole Hagrid thinking Harry dies for real thing, and cries his eyes out. I may not be able to breathe. Note to self: Invest in tissues to bring come July 15.
Anyway, I heard someone say earlier, I think it was Kyle from livelavalive actually, that once this next movie is over with, it's going to be the end of his childhood. Which is crazy, because it's true. I've GROWN UP with these books. They were some of the first books I ever really got into, and I've always loved them. They're probably the only books I own that I have reread countless times (In fact, I'm currently rereading 7 AGAIN after yesterday). I've seen every movie in theaters and it also has significance with Marisa and the first few years we knew each other. I think that alone, is going to have me crying hard by the time I come out of that theater in July.
And I see people complaining, mainly on facebook, which doesn't surprise me, about how they're "the only people not going to Harry Potter", well they need to be quiet and actually try to read the books because they're missing out on some really really great stuff. I mean, some quotes and things from these books are insanely true and accurate, and some of the things that happen and the meanings behind them are amazing as well.
Like this one: "Every second he breathed, the smell of the grass, the cool air on his face, was so precious: To think that people had years and years, time to waste, so much time it dragged, and he was clinging to each second." from the Deathly Hallows book itself, is amazing. Really makes you think. And there's one more I need to find, I forget which book it's from, but it's said by Dumbledore. "Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." And, one the same page I found that quote on, the person pointed out how the dancing scene between harry & Hermione, which was awkward AND funny, it showed that there could be happiness in dark times and made this quote make even more sense.
I need to stop now, sorry for the Harry Potter rant, but I needed to post it SOMEWHERE. It was stuck in my head and wouldn't come out! Highly recommended movieee! <3

No comments: