Wednesday, September 7, 2011

It's All In Your Thinking

I realize I haven't written in such a long time, but I've just been busy. Good busy, but busy. I figured a quick update was in order while I felt at least mostly positive, if a little stressed.

Let's see, update first? I'm hopefully going to get my final schedule for school underway tonight. I'll have two classes Mondays, one on Wednesdays, and two on Thursdays. Not so bad. Then, with any luck, if I can get all the information I need filled out meanwhile, I'll only have two semesters left before I'm done! Which is huge! I feel like I've been stuck in a rut forever and now I learn I'm almost done, ya know? Anyway, what else? I'm still at Wawa, working a lot, which I suppose is good since I have money. Aaaaand, oh I met a guy! At a gay club nonetheless. Ironic, ain't it? I guess going out and dancing with Sami so much paid off, because I managed to meet a straight guy there! I met him about three weeks ago and I've been texting him at least once or twice a day normally, unless I know he's busy. He's 26, is the co founder of a developing iphone app, works in New York, and lives in Hoboken, about an hour away from me =)

Okay I think that's probably about all for the update at the moment. So what else was I going to say? Well, I've been really worried about a friend lately. She tends to think pessimistically and not really try to fix her problems. She says she needs to, but somehow they never manage to get fixed. So it got me thinking that I wanted to add in the blog entry a little about positive thinking. I know it sounds corny, but really, it isn't. It really helps. It's just a simple matter of changing your thought patterns, and maybe limiting yourself to a five minute rant if something upsets/annoys/angers/etc you. It works for me. Marisa and I probably set ourselves to that goal about a year ago now, and we're still going strong with our "positive pioneering". Yeah, I have my moments, but for the most part, I've just been happy. I shake my head at drama and don't understand the point of it. Also, just think about it. If something really bothers you that much, in most cases, the chances are that you can change it. So take the initiative. Change whatever is negative in your life. Out with the bad and in with the good and ONLY the good!

Before I die down and REALLY start babbling, I'm going to get going. I don't wanna be late to try to register for the other two classes and such. Hopefully you'll all hear from me soon, blog world <3

No comments: